Monday, January 16, 2006

Peyton Manning Still Can't Win the Big One

It isn't the NFL post-season until Peyton Manning comes up short in the playoffs. I am originally from Indiana, but have spent the better part of the last 25 years in SEC country so I have followed Manning's career really since it began. If I'm looking for a quarterback who will put up gaudy stats in the regular season, Manning is the guy. But if I want a QB who will win in the post season, sorry I want someone else other than Peyton Manning. Look at his carrer:

At Tennessee: 0 wins over Florida, 0 national titles.
At Indianapolis: 0 Super Bowl appearances, 3-6 record in the playoffs.

Boomer Esiason said it best last year when he said Manning was this generation's Dan Marino. A guy who puts up big regular-season numbers but can't win when it matters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home