Friday, December 22, 2006

The Big 3-0

Today I reached a milestone. This is my 30th birthday (or as I like to think of it, the 10th anniversary of my 20th birthday). While I'm not as freaked out as some people have been when they turned 30, at least not yet, I am feeling a little relfective this morning. I still haven't found a career as of yet, still not married, and we won't even talk about my financial situation. Let's just say that I'm keeping a few cardboard boxes handy in case of emergency! It is a little depressing. It is acceptable to still be finding your way in your 20s, but once you hit your third decade, you should be on solid ground in terms of your life. You should have a job and at least some marriage prospects. As anyone who has read this blog can attest to, I'm 0 for 2. I do know things can change in a hurry, and I'm waaaaaaaaay overdue for some good luck. Maybe things can turn around. If not, you know I'll be bitching about it right here :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home