Monday, May 22, 2006

One Reason for My Lonely Loserdom

I have made a momentous discovery in the past few days. One reason (if not the main reason) I'm a lonely loser is because I'm painfully shy. I remember as an undergraduate in college when I took the Myers-Briggs personality test, I came out as a big-time introvert. In fact, I had an introvert rating of 49, which is basically off the charts. I can interact with people when I have to, but to be honest dealing with people just wears me out and I'd rather just be by myself. I find private time to be invigorating and refreshing while dealing with crowds to be tedious and tiresome.

I think part of this is due to my bastard father. That son of a bitch never missed an opportunity to take a cheap shot at me. He never met an insult he didn't like. Every conversation with him basically revolved around the theme of "f**k you." I was never good at anything, I sucked at this, I sucked at that, I was a failure, etc. Yet I was better than him at everything I ever accomplished; sports, school, you name it. I think he has this insecurity that I am so vastly superior to him and he just can't take it. So he feels the need to tear me down just so he can feel better about himself. What a low life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home